Welcome to currently Happening,
This is a safe space where we are gonna vent/rant/peruse/serve tea on (?) on all things on the web and off. 🙂 So I wanted to do this for some time now and I just kept putting it off. I am going to do a weekly post just kinda making a list of all this things I found on the web. Also this is a easy way for me to share what is currently happening with us.
- My grandma is doing well. She is alive and fighting. We are still doing Chemo and we have a scan next month. So prayers are very appreciated. 🙂
- I had to cancel my kitchen remodel. With everything that is going on we just didn’t have it in our finances to do it. I am hoping that we can get it done for Christmas. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. But we have to be money wise. I hate adulting.
- Back to school shopping has begun. Once again pray for me. Above is the Pottery Barn Catalog. I found that some things worked better than others last year. Having tons of water bottles on hand was great because the kids liked packing fresh juices for lunch. And I think it was easy to disguise fresh carrot juice in water bottles. My kids are undercover healthy eaters. I would pop in to lunch ever so often and then would have to explain what they were eating ever so often. But by the end of the year I saw kids packing more homemade snacks. I like to think that seeing Jon and Jade eating differently was a change factor.
- I’m looking to get a new planner. Now I don’t know if you guys are planner OBSESSED like I am but I usually get a new planner for the kids for back to school. Just to keep track of sports games and extra lesson and such. I also want to give bullet planning a go.
- The kids are into chapter books right now. so this pass week we’ve started reading The Secret Series Complete Collection. And Jon is officially obsessed with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. We just started but it seems like fun series.
- I’ve started to read more with Jocelyn. She just turned 3. So she is making sounds. Both Jonathan and Jade were reading at 4, so she is right on track. She is currently obsessed with Giraffes can’t Dance , Dear Zoo , Goodnight Moon and The Little Engine That Could .
- I’ve slowly been becoming more of myself again. After you have children, things change. Everything changes- if you are a mom maybe you can relate. It takes a few years to really get back in the grove of things. Like I can safely polish my nails without someone smudging them. Or I can finally deep condition my hair because showers were a communal event before. Where I answered hard questions that can’t wait until I’m done showering like- where are the color pencils, what is for dinner tomorrow, why are girls so short? Like can I live? Can I just have 5 minutes ALONE?? Hahaha!
- Youtube! How I’ve missed you! I am so enjoying catching up on vlogs ( Judy and Jen are some of my current favs).
- I am low key indulging in the Strawberry Coconut Limeade. I’ve made it 3 times in the last 10 days. I think this might be my drink of the summer.
- Facebook groups. I love them. I am a part of a few recipe groups. But lately I’ve found some great support groups. I had a spinal fusion a few years back and I found a few groups with helpful tips and trick. So if you have a hobby or want to connect with like minded people try searching on Facebook. Also join our Cooking Maniac community- I just started a group where we can connect. 🙂
- Is it normal to crave Ribs in the morning? Well here I am. And here are these Easy Oven Baked Ribs.
- It is currently raining every afternoon here in South Florida. I think when most people think of Florida and summer time most people don’t initially think of rain. So I have been craving this Jerk Chicken Chili and oddly some Carrot Soup.
- Blogs: I promised myself that I would dig for some new blogs to check out. I’m currently digging: A Cozy Kitchen and I’m so latter the game with How Sweet Eats. Also EvsEats and Homemade Zagat.
- Home Goods: I’m thinking this Metal Stand might be perfect for entertaining by the pool. And I got this Beach Tent and it is AMAZING! The kids didn’t get sun burnt which is great. Thought this was a Cute & Completely True Mat.
Well that is the end. See you next week same time and place.
Peace and Love,