This No-bake Almond Apricot Cheerios Bar is the breakfast snack. Or pre-dinner snack. Or a fun summertime snack. Basically it is the perfect snack. It’s basically a trail mix covered in peanut butter and white chocolate… I don’t see how that can be any kind of wrong.
I might just have some of the most awesome little humans alive living under my roof. I might be biased. Have you ever made something for your kids thinking that they would think you walk on water? Well I do. I have visions of 1950’s sitcoms where kids say the sweetest things. My kids missed that chip.
He is officially a foodie. Like sometimes I can’t handle it. So here is the truth, my kids are my recipe tester along with Abs. So while I was busy in the kitchen making my first batch of these coconut almond apricot cheerios bar- I called the kids in to taste them. I thought they would go bananas because I combined two of their favorite things: white chocolate and cheerios. . Jonathan looked at me and simply said- “It needs more nuts”.
I tasted it and grudgingly agreed that more nut would be good. So I add the nuts and called him back in. I handed him the spoon, he tasted it and looked me dead in the eye and said- “now a pinch of salt”. Wait a minute. Who is this kid?? I tasted it and once again it pained me to agree it would be great with a pinch of salt.
As if he was reading my mind he said “You know dessert is super important to me”. I have never laughed harder. He is only seven. I expect sass in his teenage years not now. But as I have come to understand and appreciate- He speaks honestly from his heart and for that I am glad. So I can officially say that this recipe was kids tested.
This cheerios bar has everything that is right in a breakfast cereal- crunchy, creamy, a little sweet and a lot of good.
I love that Cheerios are now gluten free. So everyone can enjoy this low key summer treat.
I think you guys know by now that publix is kind of my happy place. I think it’s the only place that I go without the kids. I demand it. I think going grocery shopping is my mini vacations. #mommylife #Iusetoskipnaps
I am hosting a Paypal giveaway. Don’t forget to enter and win some summertime cash!
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup crunchy or creamy all natural peanut butter
- 2 cups Multi-grain Cheerios
- 1 cup chocolate cheerios
- ¼ toasted almonds
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan with a little coconut oil.
- Heat medium saucepan over low heat and add in honey and peanut butter. Stir frequently until smooth. In a large bowl add in Cheerios, almonds, and apricots. Pour the peanut butter mixture on top and stir to combine.Transfer to prepared baking sheet and press to sides evenly with a rubber spatula. Then press very firmly down with your hands. (Quick tip: I greased my hands with a little coconut oil to prevent sticking).
- Place the white chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir and watch carefully. Drizzle the chocolate over bars. Place pan in the freezer for 30 minutes, this help the bar to set and makes cutting them into squares a breeze. Thaw out a bit if necessary. Cut into 16 squares. Store in the refrigerator to keep the bars in the square shape. You can enjoy them as a bar or in milk. I can't choose. Enjoy!