Instant Pot Classic Beef Stew
This classic stick-to-your-ribs Instant Pot Classic Beef Stew is the ideal meal for a chilly weekend to cozy up with a bowl and dare I say- you can sop up the remnants with some freshly made biscuits.
- 1 1/2 Pound Beef (stew cuts)
- 1 14 Oz Can Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Large Parsnip cubed
- 4 Red Potatoes washed, peeled & cubed
- 2-3 Carrots cubed
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Cup Beef broth (low sodium)
- 2 Sprigs Tarragon andThyme
- 8 Oz Mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- Season beef with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Set a 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add oil; working in batches, add beef and cook until evenly browned. Remove the beef and add onion and mushroom saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, celery, Parsnip, beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, thyme, tarragon, paprika, cumin, and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Adjust the instant pot to manual- adjust pressure to high, and set time for 25 minutes. When finished cooking, use the quick-release pressure option.
- To thicken the stew without flour remove a few pieces of potatoes and carrots- smash them and add them back to the pot. Mash more potatoes if needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.Serve over rice.