Vegan Tuna Salad
This Vegan tuna salad gets extra tang and flavor from soy sauce and capers. It can be served between two slices of your favorite hearty bread for a simple yet satisfying meal.
- 1 can Cannellini Beans 15 oz (drained)
- 1 can Garbonzo beans 15 oz (drained)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Capers drained and rough chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red onion diced
- 1/4 Cup Celery (About 1 Stalk) diced
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh Lemon juice
- Prep: Fill a small bowl with cold water, add minced red onion and let soak for 5 minutes. That will remove the harsh taste of the onion. Drain and set aside for later.1. Place the drained Cannellini beans in a large bowl and roughly mash them, add in the chickpeas and mash lightly with a fork, leaving some beans whole. Giving that tuna texture.2. Add mustard, Vegan Worcestershire Sauce, red onion, celery/cucumber/pickle, capers, lemon juice, salt and pepper to mixing bowl. Mix to well. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.3. Toast bread if desired, and prepare any other desired sandwich toppings: lettuce, tomatoes and vegan cheese are great options.4. Use a healthy amount of the chickpea mixture (about ½ cup) for each sandwich.Note: Mixture will keep covered in an air-tight container and place in the refrigerator for 4 days.