Salmon Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
This Salmon Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe is the perfect update to any weeknight dinner. Jam-packed with lean protein and vegetable.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 large red yellow or orange bell peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 1 pound cooked salmon
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon Cilantro pesto Link in blog post
- Creme Fraiche sauce:
- 1/2 cup creme fresh
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 sprig thyme
- Quinoa: Add quinoa and vegetable stock to a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cover. Reduce heat and simmer until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy – about 20 minutes.
- Stuffing: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a baking sheet or large skillet.
- Brush halved peppers with oil.
- Add cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix to combine then taste. This is the time to add salt, pepper, or more spices if more is desired.
- Stuff halved peppers with quinoa mixture until all peppers are full, then cover the skillet with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove foil, increase heat to 400 degrees F, and bake for another 15 minutes or until peppers are soft and slightly golden brown.
- Creme fraiche sauce: Stir together the thyme leaves, lemon juice, lemon zest, and crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the top or to the side.