Hey hey hey now!
I think I might be able to form words. I have been in a land where chicken wings reign supreme. I’ve been having an insane craving for chicken wings. Have you ever been obsessed with something and you over indulge in it. After a time you just can’t- so you take a break? Well Abs loves chicken wings. I mean he would have wings almost everyday if i didn’t put my food down. So after a while I said– no more wings. Then after a respectable time passed( about a couple of weeks) I realised- perhaps I love wings too. More than I thought. So I caved in and made these cilantro lime chicken wings.
It was kind of the perfect time too because the VMA’s were over the weekend. And I sorta- kinda forced my family to watch it with me every year. It all started when I was a teenager. I love music. I loved MTV when i was younger. So I would forced my family to sit through it. 1). Because I always had AMAZING snacks and 2). I always had the remote.
So the VMA’s was just the excuse I needed to light the grill again. I’m using every excuse to make the most of the rest of grilling season. I know pumpkin season A.K.A fall is coming, so I’m trying to live for summer a little longer.
Grilled chicken wings might be my favorite way to indulge. And I can’t think of a better combo than cilantro and lime. So add the cilantro and lime with melted butter and coat the hot grilled wings in it….. Amazing!
Try it today and let me know how you like it.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 lime zested
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. In a large bowl, toss the wings with the salt mixture to evenly coat. If you have time place in a ziplock bag and dry brine overnight.
- Place the wings on the grill, crowding them together so that they are all touching (this helps to keep the wings juicy). Grill, flipping the wings every 5 minutes, for a total of 20 minutes of cooking.
- In the meantime, heat the butter, lime juice, zest and honey in a saucepan over low heat and whisk to combine. Add the cilantro at the last minute.
- In a clean large bowl, toss the wings with the sauce. Use tongs to remove the wings from the sauce and put them back on the grill until the skins crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Put the wings back in the bowl with the sauce, toss and serve.
- NOTE Grill Prep: Preheat a gas grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F). I used a charcoal grill, light coal and stack on one side of the grill. Place the chicken on the other side of the gill away from the coal. When you are crisping up the skin. place the chicken directly over the coals.