- Find these Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat Containers at your local Walmart store in the food storage aisle.
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh ginger finely minced
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 15 oz can Chick peas drained
- 2 cups Fresh tomatoes chopped
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can Coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (less if desired)
- 1/2 tsp Fresh black pepper
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Heat the oil in a pan, and Add cumin seeds. Toast for about 1 minute- until you can smell the seeds. Add the onions, garlic, and fresh ginger and sauté for five minutes. Careful not to burn garlic. Add the curry powder- Cook for another minute.Transfer the onion mixture to a slow cooker, and add remaining ingredients.Heat on low for six hours (or on high for four hours).Before serving, stir in the cilantro. Serve over brown rice ( See link in post)
Slow cookers are the best for having dinner on the table when I get home! This curry looks beautiful and so comforting!
Hiya Kathy! Slow cookers are the best. 🙂 I think as soon as fall hits all I want is a big bowl of curry.
I’m glad you guys are okay. Stay safe. This looks amazing.