Cheddar Thyme Biscuit
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour plus extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoon thyme
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Take butter and cut into cubes and place in the freeze.
- In a food processor add flour, sugar, baking powder black pepper and salt. Pulse once to combine. Add the frozen cubed butter. Pulse to combine, until it forms a coarse meal (approximately 6-8 pulses).
- Add flour mixture to a large bowl. Form a well in the middle and add buttermilk, cheddar and thyme. With a spatula or wooden spoon stir to combine. The second it starts to form a ball stop- do not over mix.
- On a well floured board turn over to bowl. With a well floured rolling pin. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape approximately 1 inch high. Fold the dough oven on itself 2 times. Repeat 4 times. This is what gives the biscuits its layers.
- Roll into a rectangle. Using a biscuit cutter or cup make 8 biscuits.
- Place on baking tray and bake for approximately 12-14 mins. Check the bottom to make sure it is golden brown.
- Note: You can brush the biscuits with melted salted butter for extra Noms!