Jerk Turkey Chili
This jerk Turkey Chili recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. It has the right amount of spice to add some excite everyone. make it today.
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1- 15 oz Can Pinto beans, red kidney beans and black beans Rinsed and drained
- 1- 15 oz Can Corn Rinsed and drained
- 1-28 oz Can Whole plum tomatoes smashed them and retain the juice
- 3 – 3 1/2 Cup Broth( or water)
- 2 Tablespoon Dry jerk Seasoning
- 1 medium onion Chopped
- 2 cups Fresh Kale chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro plus more for serving
- Salt and fresh pepper taste
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Add the onion, turkey, 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning. Keep moving it around in skillet. When the turkey is browned and crumbled and the onions have soften, remove from the pan and set aside.In the slow cooker- Add the sweet potato, corn, black beans, pinto beans, broth, tomatoes and the remaining spices- stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. After an hour add the quinoa and kale. Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender. Stir in additional stock if the chili is thicker than you would like (I added about 1/2 cup extra). Serve warm with desired toppings..