20 Minute Mongolian Beef
Homemade 20 Minute Mongolian Beef recipe is so easy to make! Tender pieces of beef coated in a sweet and salty sauce.
- 2 Lbs Flank steak Sliced thinly
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger minced
- 3 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 cup Frying oil (vegetable, peanut etc)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 Egg
- salt and pepper
- Make the sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir for 30 seconds.Add soy sauce, water, and honey. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened some, about 10 minutes.Slice flank steak against the grain into 1/4-inch slices with the knife held at a 45 degree angle. Some of the really long pieces I cut in half to make them more bite-sized.Toss flank steak with cornstarch and egg- let sit 5 minutes.Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.Add beef in small batches and cook 2-3 minutes, until brown and crispy on both sides.Remove beef with a slotted spoon and discard cooking oil. Place meat back in pan along with sauce and cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring to coat beef.Add red pepper flakes and green onions and remove from heat.Serve over rice. Enjoy!