Chicken Gnocchi Stew
This Chicken Gnocchi Stew is the perfect fall stew that is light and flavorful. It is super easy and simple to make for company or just your family.
- 4 Chicken Thigh Bone-in and skin on
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Plum Tomatoes
- 4 Fillets Anchovies
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 4 Oz Mushroom Chopped
- 3 Sprigs Rosemary Chopped
- salt and pepper to taste(I used 1 teaspoon of each)
- Season chicken with salt, paprika and pepper – (place in a ziplock bag and place in the fridge for up t 24 hours). Preheat a large cast iron skillet. Add the oil. Brown to chicken on eat side for about 2 minute. Transfer to the slow cooker. Drain the extra fat. Add the onion and anchovies. Sauté for 5 minutes then add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Add tomatoes and allow to bubble. Transfer the sauce to the slow cooker and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low on 6 hours. Gently stir in gnocchi into slow cooker; Cook 25- 30 minter until gnocchi are tender and chicken is 165F. Start checking chicken temp at hour 3 on High. Sprinkle with Parsley or cilantro or BOTH! Serve warm.