Salmon Asparagus Mushroom Frittata
This Salmon Asparagus Mushroom Frittata recipe is perfect for brunch or a quick almost lazy dinner option.
- 8 oz Mushroom sliced
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper chopped
- 12 oz Salmon fillet skin removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Large Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste- I used 1/2 salt and pepper)
- 1 Thyme
- 3 Egg whites
- 6 Eggs
- chopped fresh herbs to serve
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese ground
- Heat broiler to low. Combine eggs, egg whites, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Heat oil in a 12″ cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion, bell pepper and thyme, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are somewhat soft, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms- cook for approx. 3 minutes. Add salmon and cook until opaque, 3 minutes. Pour egg mixture into skillet; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until egg begins to set but is still wet on top,approx. 7 minutes. Cover to skillet( without stirring) and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle on cheese- transfer skillet to broiler; broil until golden, Approx. 3 minutes. Remove from broiler and slice into 4-6 wedges; serve.