Shaved zucchini noodles are perhaps one of my favorite ways to make zucchini. And did I fail to mention that it is topped a creamy avocado mint sauce.
The noodles are so incredibly quick and easy to make too. All you need is a vegetable peeler and you are in business. Literally it is done from start to finish in under 20 minutes, including the pesto. Which is done in a jiffy and it is super addicting.
We eat zucchini noodles a lot in my house. As if that isn’t great enough this awesomeness is made with just 3 ingredients.
And just between you and me is one of my top 10 vegetables. I have been on a super food kick as of late. I always thought that making healthier choices would leave me wanting. Which is so far from the truth. We were kind of obsessed with pasta in our loving family. So this makes the perfect substitute for us. I get the kids to shave the zucchini with me- I am all about putting them to work in my kitchen. That’s just how I roll.
You can have this with any meat!
Shaved Zucchini Noodles
- 3 large zucchinis ends removed
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large avocados peeled and pit removed
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup almonds
- pinch red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- In a pot bring water to a boil.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel long ribbons of zucchini.
- Add the zucchini and stir around in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Make sure that once the zucchini is limp you drain the water off. Sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- In a food processor or blender toss in all the ingredients for pesto and pulse until the pesto becomes creamy.
- Add the parmesan/peccarino and Serve within a few minutes, before the zucchini get too soft!
- Note: drain well because zucchini will spring additional water.