This cheesy Tuna Melt as a lunch or dinner entrée. This tuna melt is filled with creamy tuna salad topped with tomatoes and bubbling cheese that please a small or large crowd.
- 2 can Tuna (5 ounce) drained and flaked
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Large Ripe Tomato
- 1 Teaspoon Capers finely chopped
- 2 Mini Baguettes
- 1 Scallion sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Sprig Thyme
- Prep: So we are going to be using the oven and the broiler in this recipe. So place one of the oven racks in the highest position. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a baking tray play the Baguettes and hollow out the middle. Place the inside on the tray. Place in the oven and toast for 5 minutes. While the Bread is toasting prep the filling. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, scallion, thyme, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Dijon Mustard and stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside. Remove the bread from the oven and fill with tuna. Slice tomatoes and put on top. Cover with cheese.
Switch the oven to the broiler. And place the tuna boats on the highest position. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and tuna is heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro and cut in half and serve immediately. Enjoy!