Fried Chicken Wings
This recipe makes the perfect crispy but juicy fried wings every single time. Perfect for a party or for a fun Friday night dinner.
Chicken and Brine
- 12 Whole chicken wings cut in 1/2 at the joint
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 2-3 Sprig Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- 2-3 clove Garlic
- 2 Teaspoon season salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- Sugar (a pinch)
- 1 Cup Corn starch
- salt and pepper
- Frying oil (I used peanut oil)
- In a medium-size bowl, Add chicken, paprika, season salt and cayenne pepper- rub together. Add the grated onion, garlic, and thyme- toss to coat well. Cover and set aside to marinate for about 1 hour or overnight.
- Pour oil into a large heavy pot. Heat to 350 degrees. Combine flour and cornstarch in a shallow bowl and season with salt, a pinch of sugar and pepper.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding, lift chicken from marinade- shake off any excess. Lightly place the chicken in seasoned flour( Place wings 3 at a time), gently drop into oil and fry for 7 to 10 minutes (depending on how big your wings are), turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken, checking oil temperature and making sure that there is enough oil between batches. If additional oil is needed- Make sure oil returns to temperature before adding the next batch.
- Drizzle with warm honey and serve!Note: Fry chicken wings up to 1 hour ahead, and keep warm in a 200° oven.