caramelized onion cheddar tart
- 1 9- inch pie crust
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups aged cheddar grated
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large onions halved and sliced
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350. Line pie crust with paper, and “blind bake” for 10 mins, then remove paper and beans and cook a further 15 mins, until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan and add onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for about 30 mins, until a deep golden color.
- Spread cooled onions over pie crust. Sprinkle cheese over, then thyme leaves.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream together, and pour over the filling. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the center is set and top is golden. Serve warm, or at room temperature.