Creamy Curry Butternut Squash Soup
Creamy Curry Butternut Squash Soup is a savory, warming, comforting and simple soup that’s the perfect recipe for the fall and winter.
- 1 Small Butternut squash 6 cups
- 1 Can Coconut milk 14-ounce
- 2 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- 2 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted Pumpkin seed, cilantro and croutons For Topping
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.Once hot, add oil, onion, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes until the onion started to soften. Add the curry powder and turmeric. Toast the spices for 1 minute- careful not to burn.Add butternut squash and season with salt and pepper and ground cinnamon. Stir to coat. Cover and cook for 4 minutes.Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, Honey, and red pepper flakes.Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until butternut squash is tender.Transfer soup to a blender, and purée on high until creamy and smooth. Return soup back to pot.Taste and adjust seasonings: adding more curry powder, salt, or honey. Keep the soup warm over medium heat until ready to serve.Divide into bowls and serve with topping of your choice. We had ours with curry croutons, roasted pumpkin seeds and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!Notes: Storage: Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.