This basic curry croutons recipe is the perfect addition to any salad or soup. What’s not to love about bread, curry powder, honey and butter.
- 3 Slices Bread ( we’ve used Sourdough and whole wheat)
- 2 Tablespoon Butter or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder (plus extra for dusting)
- 1-2 Tablespoon Honey (Start with one tablespoon and go crazy)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil/butter in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the bread to the pan, sprinkle with the curry powder and salt, toss to coat with the oil, and arrange in a single layer. Toast the bread, tossing every minute or so, until the bread cubes are golden-brown on all sides. Remove the pan from the heat. Taste and season with additional salt if needed. Cover with honey and extra curry powder. Serve immediately or let cool completely for later. Enjoy!Notes*Croutons can be made in advance.Storage: Store leftover croutons in a ziplock bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
I want to make these for a picnic on Sunday do you think I can make it ahead on Friday?
I made these as toast this morning oh my gawwwwwwwd! I am in serious love ❤️ ????????????