When I say this everything biscuit recipe makes biscuits that are flaky on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside-I mean it.
- 2 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 2 Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 8 Tablespoon Cold(frozen) unsalted butter
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Everything seasoning plus extra for topping
- 1-2 Tablespoon Butter melted to brush on top
- Preheat oven to 425. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Transfer to a food processor. Cut frozen butter into cubes and add to flour, then pulse 6 or 7 times until it looks like a crumble. Place the dough back in the bowl, add the Everything seasoning and buttermilk and stir with a spatula until it forms a rough ball (don’t worry if it is a little sticky).Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll it into a rough rectangle, about an inch thick. Fold it over and gently roll it down again. Repeat 6 times.Gently roll out the dough once more, so that it forms a rectangle. Cut dough into biscuits using a floured glass or biscuit cutter. Do not twist cutter when cutting; this will crimp the edges of the biscuit causing it not to rise. If you have scraps just reform a rectangle and cut additional biscuits. Sprinkle some more Everything seasoning on top. Place biscuits on a baking sheet and place in oven. Make sure they’re touching. Bake until golden brown, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Serves 6 to 8. Brush on the melted butter and enjoy!NOTE: If you don’t have a food processor, you can cut butter into flour in the mixing bowl using a grater, fork or a pastry cutter.