Gnocchi in Spicy Roasted red pepper and tomato sauce might just be my go to meal when I want to seem fancy without having to try too hard. This spicy roasted red pepper and tomato sauce is creamy, tangy and lusciously tasty!
So this Gnocchi in spicy roasted red pepper and tomato sauce definitely happened. I’m just going to get straight to the point: I licked my bowl. I mean I finished every bit of my gnocchi and I proceeded to break all the rules that my momma taught me and licked my bowl clean. I ain’t sorry! This dish had me re thinking everything she ever said.
I came home and I really didn’t want to cook. I just wanted to go straight to bed. Then I remembered that’s not an option for a few reasons: I have kids. I love food too much to miss a single meal. I wanted to recipe test for y’all. I eat for y’all now. So after I finished doing homework with the kids. I realized that it was super late and the kids needed to go to bed soon. So I pulled out my secret weapon: Gnocchi!!!
Here are a few things that I heard from my taste testers (My tribe):
Jade: You can cook mommy! (she said it with what I could have mistaken for shock)
Jonathan: I want more. With extra sauce.
My 20 month old resident picky eater: she proceeded to lick her bowl too.
My mom would have cringed.
Okay… I’m done here. If you guys need to find me I’ll be in my kitchen eating my weight in gnocchi and this amazing sauce.
Make this if you:
Want a quick meal
Want a jazzed up red sauce.
Want to sound fancy
Basically make this tonight because it is sooooooo darn good.
Gnocchi in Spicy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce
- 1 can chick peas drained
- 1 pack mini gnocchi cooked to package direction
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup broth
- pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the roasted red pepper, garlic, tomato, sun-dried tomato and onion in food processor. Pulse until everything becomes a puree.
- Cook the gnocchi according to package direction. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a oven safe pan add the puree. Turn the stove to medium-high. Add thyme, sugar, red pepper flakes, broth and half and half. Allow to reduce- about 5-7 minutes. Add gnocchi to pan. Top with sliced mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Place in pre-heated oven. For about 8 minutes. Until the cheer has melted.
OMG!!! this looks so tempting. I would love to try this soon. I like how you made the sauce. Will keep you posted when I try it out.
This looks delicious. I definitely don’t make gnocchi enough!
Me either Katie! I have a renewed love for gnocchi. And this sauce is so good. 🙂
This looks and sounds amazing, going to make it this week. Can’t wait to try the sauce, it sounds fabulous!
I am making this for dinner. This looks fabulous!!!!