- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup look warm water
- Also need 1/2 cup all-purpose for rolling
- We also need cast skillet
- Note: Do not use non stick
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix water and yogurt together. Then whisk in oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients right into the middle of the dry and begin mixing the wet with dry using a spatula. When the mixture is combined and starting to form a ball. Use your hands to gently knead. It should be sticky and be soft.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place 1 1/2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls and using a rolling pin. Roll each ball of dough into an oval shape.
- It should be about 7 inches long and about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat that process for the rest of the dough.
- Warm a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure the pan is hot. Brush both sides of the naan with melted butter.
- Place the naan on the hot skillet, cover with a lid and bake for 1 minute. Don’t walk away. Bake until you see bubbles starting to form.
- Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side, until large deeply toasted spots appear on the underside. Be careful not to burn but it should be a deeper color than brown.
- Immediately, brush with a bit more butter if desired(recommended). Place in a warm plate. Serve warm.