Minty Kale Plum Salad
Minty Kale Plum Salad is the perfect end of winter salad. It is bright, herby and jam-packed with different flavors and textures. It can go with any dressing for a easy addition to any meal.
- 1 Lb Flat-leaf Kale (about 2 bunches)
- 8 oz Red or yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 2 Stalks Medium Scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Mint leaves About 3 branches/stalks
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Sorghum
- 1 Ripe Plum sliced
- 1/4 cup Dried Apricot about 6 chopped
- 1 English Cucumber sliced
- 1 Lemon Freshly Juiced
- 2 Clove Garlic finely minced
- Wash and dry the kale. Cut out and discard the tough stems. Arrange the leaves into stacks, slice crosswise into 1/4-inch ribbons, and place in a large bowl. This is optional but recommended: Mince the garlic and add it to a medium bowl, add the lemon juice and pepper, and whisk to combine. While whisking to combine. This is what with soften the kale and give it even more flavor. Add the dressing to the bowl with the kale and toss to coat the leaves. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes while you prep the rest of the salad.Chop and slice the rest of the ingredients and set aside for assembly. Take the mint and remove the steams- roughly chop the leaves. but do this when you are ready to assemble the salad because mint has the tendency to turn brown rather quickly. Add the tomatoes, sorghum, chopped apricots, sliced plums, scallions, and mint and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt as needed. Add the pumpkin seed and feta to the top. Serve immediately with desired dressing. Enjoy!