This jerk Chicken recipe is both filling and warming. It has the perfect balance of heat and spices to please everyone. Super easy and low key to make.
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 1 can Hominy Corn Washed and Drained
- 1 Can Yellow Corn Washed and Drained
- 1 Can Black Beans Washed and Drained
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Leaves Stems and all Approx. 4 tablespoons more or less
- 1 Can Whole Plum tomatoes Smashed and retain liquid
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth low sodium
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Jamaican Jerk Seasoning See attached recipe
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 clove Garlic smashed
- 3 Tri-Color Bell Peppers Chopped
- In a dutch oven add oil and onion. Sauté until the onions soften. Add the ground chicken, cook until lightly golden. Add the garlic. Continue to stir for 2-3 minutes. Add all the other ingredients. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Allow it to melt into one amazing dish!And cook for 1 1/2 hours. Check every 30 minutes. Depending on how you like your chili you can add more broth/water. I don’t like it super thick so that timing was perfect for me. If you like it thicker- take off the pot cover and allow to reduce.