Sausage and Butter Beans in Onion Gravy
Sausage and Butter Beans in Onion Gravy is the perfect go to recipe for those days when you want something wholesome and at the same time super fast and easy.
- 3 Large Onion Sliced
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Chicken Sausages Sliced Diagonally
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cups Stock (Chicken)
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Can Butter Beans Drained
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- In a cast iron skillet, add 1 Tablespoon oil. And stir through the onions and butter. Cover with a lid and cook gently for about 10 mins, until softened. Remove lid, add sugar, then cook 15 mins, stirring, until all of the liquid has evaporated and onions have turned golden brown. Set aside.
In the same skillet, fry sausages for 15 mins or until browned, then remove from pan and set aside. Heat onions in same pan, then add flour, Pepper flakes, garlic and thyme stirring for 1 min. Then gradually add stock. Bring to boil then simmer for 5 mins until smooth. Add the bean and cilantro, season with salt and black pepper. Add the sausages to the gravy and serve with fresh cilantro.