I can hear the whispers of new year’s resolutions. I am making my own right now and these cheesy quinoa stuffed mushrooms are the perfect first stepping stone. Healthy, fast, easy, flavorful and nutritious. I’m in!!! Make it today and let’s get pumped about 2016.
Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallot diced
- 24 button mushrooms stems removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded kale
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro lime pesto see link in post
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese plus additional for topping
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté shallot until translucent.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in kale and quinoa. Add Pesto and Stir.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Parmesan. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to fill mushroom caps with mixture. Arrange on foil covered baking sheet or in a oven safe pan, and bake for 30 minutes.