I can hear the whispers of new year’s resolutions. I am making my own right now and these cheesy quinoa stuffed mushrooms are the perfect first stepping stone. Healthy, fast, easy, flavorful and nutritious. I’m in!!! Make it today and let’s get pumped about 2016.
Cheesy Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallot diced
- 24 button mushrooms stems removed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded kale
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro lime pesto see link in post
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese plus additional for topping
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté shallot until translucent.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in kale and quinoa. Add Pesto and Stir.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Parmesan. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to fill mushroom caps with mixture. Arrange on foil covered baking sheet or in a oven safe pan, and bake for 30 minutes.
I love stuffed mushrooms! I would have never thought to use quinoa in them though! Thanks!
Thanks Stephanie. Mushrooms are the best. Stuffing them is just a added bonus 🙂 🙂
Yum! So delicious. Quinoa has been saving me lately – it’s the healthiest item I’ve eaten among all the cookies and candies and pies. Thank goodness for quinoa and stuffed mushrooms!
Hahahahahaha Lily I am recovering from my cookie exchange too 🙂
These look amazing. I’m already planning for my 2016 slim down.
2016 slim down plans are in full effect here too Eryn 🙂
Oh my goodness – if these aren’t mouth watering I don’t know what is! I love quinoa and I love mushrooms – perfect combination! These are perfect for our New Year’s buffet!