I love Mexican street corn so this what the next step for me, I basically married two of my favorite things- Mexican street corn and Pasta. This roasted corn and tomato pasta is cheesy, creamy, and loaded with flavor.
I love that I get ALLL those amazing flavors of Mexican grilled corn without having to heat up the grill. All by simply pan roasting the corn and adding some roasted garlic cloves. And when you make it into a salad you can have the bonus of having a quick week night vegetarian dinner.
I had to stop myself from eating this whole pot of corn. I kept tasting it and tasting it… and each time it got better than the last. I don’t know what I enjoyed more- the roasted corn and garlic or if it was the sun-dried tomatoes or if it is that all those amazing flavors are cooked in half and half. I think it is a combo of all those things. It made my heart sing.
I used fresh corn in this salad but you can used frozen can too. I got so excited when I saw fresh corn in the grocery store. Have you started to see corn in your grocery store?
Oh yeah. It is about to go down!
Roasted Corn and Tomato Pasta
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Kosher salt
- 3 ears corn kernels cut off the cob
- 1 lb Thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 stalks scallion chopped
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and add the garlic and crushed red pepper. Bring the pan to a medium-high heat. When the garlic has light brown color, remove it from the heat. Watch carefully garlic burns quickly. Melt the butter and add the corn and allow to roast until golden brown in parts. Add the sun-dried tomatoes,thyme half and half , stock and the garlic/pepper mixture. Allow to simmer and cook until the sauce has reduced down.
- Add the pasta to the pot of salty boiling water. Cook the pasta according to directions on package. Remove the pasta from the water and add it to the pot with the tomatoes and corn. Add about a 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and cook until the water has evaporated and the sauce melds with the pasta.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Toss in the parmesan, scallion and a big drizzle of high quality extra-virgin olive oil. Toss the pasta well to combine. To serve sprinkle with a little more grated parmesan, feta and serve immediately.