These easy country-style breakfast chicken sausage are so handy to have on hand. These sausages are so easy to make. To make these amazingly flavorful patties all you need is some ground chicken, a lil’ spice and some fresh herbs and in no time you can have these wholesome patties ready for your family. The weekends are made easier with these as a staple.
I’m a big fan of breakfast. However, there is a catch… I really hate making it. I mean come on. I just woke up.I am still sleepy. All I want to do is go back to bed. But I have little people that look to me for food guidance and stuff. So what I usually happens, is I put on my big girl pants and make some tea and get on with it.
I went to the supermarket recently and saw a chicken patties marked organic and all natural. I was so super excited. I might have been too excited because when I read the back it have all kinds of “odd” things like natural flavoring and natural preservatives. I thought to myself, “Ann make your own patties and make ’em even better”. So that was the inspiration for this easy country-style breakfast chicken sausage recipe.
There is something extremely satisfying when you make something that is easily bought in the store. I mean, I could have easily bought those 4 patties for $8 and not have given it another thought. However, when I made these at home the results were even more satisfying and rewarding. These easy country-style breakfast chicken sausage patties are savoy, juicy and jam-packed with herbs and spiced perfectly.
Give ’em a whirl. These easy country-style breakfast chicken sausage will make you a breakfast hero.
Nom on my friends, nom on!!!
Easy Country-Style Breakfast Chicken Sausage
- 2 lbs pounds chicken breast cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 small sage leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Heat a griddle pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place cubed chicken in a food processor and season with salt and pepper, add onion, garlic, sage, thyme and dry spices. Pulse until the chicken is grounded and mixture is combined. Lightly oil your hands to form patties. Scoop the sausage mixture into 3-tablespoon-sized balls and then flatten the balls into a 3-inch circle.You should be able to form 12 small patties total. You can always make them smaller or larger, there is no judgement here.
- Oil the griddle pan with olive oil and then add butter. Place the patties a few inches apart do not crown. Cook patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side and serve warm on a english muffin or a flaky butter milk biscuit.