Jamaican Jerk Chicken Burger
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/4 cup Jamaican jerk marinade
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse grained salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon mayo
- If you don’t have a meat grinder- place chicken in the food processor and pulse until it is completely minced.
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl, add quinoa, jerk marinade, egg, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- The mixture will be wet which means it will be a bit sticky forming it into patties, that is a good thing it means moisture. Divide chicken meat into 4 sections (you decide which portion size is best for you) and using your hands, shape into patties. Set each patty on a baking sheet. Heat olive oil on a grill pan or a large skillet. Cook patties until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve immediately.