Apple Pear Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 2 Apples
- 1 Pear
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Lightly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Powder Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Maple glaze
- 1 stick Butter 1/2 Cup
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar up To 4 Cups Depending On Consistency You Want.
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Apple Pear filling:
- Saute the apples in a large pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Remove the fixture from skillet and them set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add a stick of butter and a cup of brown sugar. Stir it around until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Stir it around and let it thicken for about a minute. Turn the heat to low and add the apples and pear mixture back to the pan. Sprinkle in the cinnamon,ginger, and nutmeg- stir the mixture. Let it thicken for another 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon it into a bowl to cool.
- Knead pizza dough on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll each part into a 14×8 inch rectangle.
- Spread cooled apple and pear filling evenly over dough.
- Beginning at long end of each rectangle, roll up dough as tightly as you can.
- Cut each roll into 12 equal pieces.
- Place, cut sides up, in greased pan.
- Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- While dough is rising, prepare maple cinnamon glaze.
- Stir together maple, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- After dough has doubled in size, place in oven.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Pour glaze on when rolls are warm.
- Remove from pan, serve warm.
These pictures are gorgeous! This recipe sounds like it is going to be delish! Nice meeting you by the way! Hope we get to stay in touch!
I would love to stay in touch Sharee! Let me know how you like the recipe 🙂
This looks delicious! What kind of pan are you cooking in?
These look soooo good!! I love apples and love cinnamon rolls, so clearly these are for me!! : ) Definitely going to try these for a family party next weekend!
xo Adriana – Daily Dose of Design
Awesome Adriana! Let me know how you like them 🙂
Oh sweet goodness! Why do people post recipes like this!?!?!? 😉
Hahahahahahaha Susannah 🙂
This is all you need to make these yummy apple pear cinnamon rolls? Wow! I’ll have to give these a try sometime.
So super easy Kam! Let me know how you like them 🙂
These look great! Can’t wait to try out the recipe. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Allison! I hope you like them 🙂
Oh my word these look sooo good! For some reason the thought of making cinnamon rolls really intimidates me, but I might have to get brave and try these!
Awesome Karin! I use to be intimidated by them too until I used the pizza dough then it was a breeze. Let me know how you like them 🙂
oh gosh these look yummy!
Thank you Angela!
Ohhh these look soo tasty. I always think of making cinnamon rolls- and then I realize it’s just me and my husband and I would eat about 12 of them myself…
Hayli @ haylidejong.com
I make a batch for everyone and one batch for myself lol. Shhh it will be our secret Hayli 🙂