This easy recipe is a quick and delicious Tex-Mex fajita dish that makes it easy to use up some ground turkey year round!
- 8 oz Lean ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Can Plum tomatoes (14 oz) smashed
- 1 cup ground parmesan cheese
- 3 Green/Red/Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- 2 Poblano Pepper sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes or Cheyenne
- 2 small Onion Sliced
- 2 fresh Lime Juice( for serving)
Slow- cooker option
- In a non-stick pan, heat the oil. Add onion and saute for about 5-8 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and stir. Add the ground turkey and brown the turkey. For this dish, I used a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the diced tomatoes UNDRAINED, the peppers, and ground turkey. Set on high for 3 and 1/2 hours to 4 hours (watch carefully as all slow cookers cook differently – yours may be quicker or slower. Mine took exactly 3 hours and 30 minutes). Add the cheese and increase any spices to reach desired taste preference. Heat corn tortilla in a pan until toasted and warm.If desired, serve with sour cream, guacamole, fresh cilantro, and/or a squeeze of lime.
Stove- Top Option
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high, Add the oil. Add onion and saute for about 5-8 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and stir. Add the ground turkey and brown the turkey. Sprinkle on the spices. Stir to combine. Add the tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Allow the sauce to thicken. Add the sliced peppers and stir. Top with parmesan cheese.If desired, serve with sour cream, guacamole, fresh cilantro, and/or a squeeze of lime.