Slow cooker detox cauliflower soup is easy, packed with vegetables & super healing from the inside out. Can we all agree that cauliflower soup is the best?
My slow cooker is becoming my MVP for this summer. I had no clue how insane this summer would be with the kids being home. I thought I was prepare until I realized there is no way to truly be ready. We’ve been out almost everyday and to be completely honest somedays cooking is the last thing I want to do. I’m not big on fast food or eating out. So I’m totally taking advantage of my slow cooker.
We live in Florida. We get rainy days a lot during the summer and I don’t know if I’m the only one but rainy days simply mean soup days.
I love adding beans in recipes. Beans are high in protein, fiber and antioxidants. I have been reading up a lot on plant-base protein. We try to eat vegetarian 3-4 days per week.
This soup is so face-plantingly simple. I can’t get enough. I made it in bulk, froze it and enjoyed it for days. It was great on the first day and even better the next. It is now becoming a weekly staple. Is it normal to crave soup? It is in my house.
Needless to say I’m making this again as soon as I see rain on the forecast. Which in Florida is weekly.
Slow Cooker Detox Cauliflower Soup
- 1 pound cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound potato or sweet peeled and cubed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can cannelloni beans drained
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 sprig of thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- Set your 5 or 6 quart slow cooker to high and add cauliflower, potato, beans, veggie broth, onion, garlic, thyme, paprika, and salt.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on high.
- Once the veggies are tender, turn off the slow cooker and add coconut milk, butter and parmesan. Blend using an immersion blender.
- Optional: In small pot, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil, smashed garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Heat until the garlic becomes fragrant. Do not burn garlic. Remove from heat and garnish soup with the pepper oil. You can top it with green onion, cilantro or parmesan.