Southwest Whole Wheat Couscous Salad
This Southwest Whole Wheat Couscous Salad is the perfect salad that is wholesome and flavorful but also very filling. Super easy to make and eat.
- 4 Green Onions Chopped
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Couscous
- 1 English Cucumber Chopped
- 2 Plum Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Can Black Beans Drained
- 1/2 Cup Pesto
- 1 Can Whole Corn Kernel Drained
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1-2 Avocado Chopped
- 1 1/4 Cup Broth
- 1 Bell Pepper Chopped
- Fresh Cilantro to serve Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime or lemon juice
- Bring broth to a boil in a sauce pan and stir in the couscous and add cumin seeds. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.In a large bowl, stir together the pesto and lime juice. Add green onions, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, corn and beans and toss to coat.Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well.Top with chopped avocado and fresh cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can serve it warm or at room temp or refrigerate until ready to serve.