Summer Harvest Sorghum Salad
This Summer Harvest Sorghum Salad recipe has sweet ripe tomatoes, crisp lettuce creamy goat cheese & toasted cashews covered in creamy curry dressing.
- 1 Cup Sorghum ( https://cookingmaniac.com/how-to-cook-sorghum)
- 1 Cup Mung beans cooked
- 1 Head Lettuce Washed & Shredded
- 4 Soft boiled eggs
- 2 oz Goat Cheese or more
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Cashew
- 2 Stalks Green Onion
- 8 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 English Cucumber
Creamy Curry Dressing
- 3/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Lemon- Juiced and zested
- 2 Teaspoon Honey (more if you like a sweeter dressing)
- 1 Tablespoon White wine vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic Finely Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creamy Curry Dressing- Add all the ingredients in a small jar with a cover and shake until the dressing becomes smooth and creamy.Make the boiled eggs: Cook the eggs for 5 to 7 minutes: Cook 5 minutes for a very runny yolk or up to 7 minutes for a barely-set yolk. For this salad a recommend a 9 minute egg.For the salad: Reserve the goat cheese and eggs for the end and Add all the other ingredients in a bowl and toss together. Add 2 Tablespoon of dressing to the salad at a time and toss together. Keep adding the dressing until you add as much as you like. Divide the salad into 4 bowls and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and egg.
I tried a vegan version of this (added radish for volume and skipped the eggs, used plain coconut yoghurt). Delicious!! Thank you, I never knew what to do with the 1 kg bag of sorghum I bought haha.
I never heard of mung beans. They sound amazing ????
Neither did my grandmother but she loves them. I hope you enjoy the salad Angela! 🙂 Let me know how you like it. Also I have a recipe up on how to cook them => https://cookingmaniac.com/cook-mung-beans/. Hope it helps!