These vegetarian tacos with avocado mint sauce are the perfect way to have a easy and healthy week night dinner. I am all about easy weeknight dinners with three kids. There is just something fun about tacos that everyone loves.
So you guys know that I was a vegetarian years ago- I was even vegan for a few years. I have been trying to make changes in my eating habit to incorporate more plant- base meals. The fact that these tacos are fish-free and loaded with crisp vegetables all the while sitting on a bed of watercress leaves, makes me a happy girl. I mean come on. I love a “seafood” cake that allows me to not worry because the soy and wheat tat make up these cakes are non-GMO.
The “seafood” cakes can be cooked from frozen, so all I had to do was put them in a skillet and in about 10 minutes my tacos were ready for assembly. Do you see what is happening down here?
Watercress Tomatoes Radishes Cucumbers Crabless cakes
The fact that all of that plant-power goodness is topped with this creamy avocado mint sauce.
We had these just topped with the creamy avocado sauce as a quick after school snack with the kids. BIG HIT!
And because I love a good deal… Gardein also has a $1 off coupon. Get it now, it is valid until May 31st!
I also picked up the black bean burgers– I can already smell a spicy black bean burger burrito in my future.
Enjoy them as a taco or snack. Either way you are gonna have fun with these cakes. Big thanks to Gardein for sponsoring this post!!!
Share your recipes with the hashtag #OMGardein So I can check them out!
Vegetarian Tacos with Avocado Mint Sauce
- 4 Corn tortillas
- 1 english cucumber chopped
- 4 radish chopped
- 1 large tomato
- A large bunch of watercress 8 oz more or less
- Avocado mint sauce
- 1 hass avocado
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 garlic clove
- plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- pinch of fresh black pepper
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepare the Crabless cakes depending on your preference. See back of package for other options.
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. That is it.
- To Assemble:
- Toast the tortillas. Place the tortilla on a plate, add watercress, radishes, cucumber and tomatoes. Add the crabless cakes and top with Avocado mint sauce.