- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour plus more for dusting
- 2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 8 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 425. Grate the frozen butter. Store in the fridge or freezer until the very last minute. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, cheese and salt into a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into the flour until the mixture resembles rough crumbs. Return dough to bowl, add buttermilk and stir with a fork until it forms a rough ball (don’t worry if it is a little sticky).Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll it into a rough rectangle, about an inch thick. Fold it over and gently roll it down again. Repeat 6 times.Gently roll out the dough some more, so that it forms a rectangle. Cut dough into biscuits using a floured glass or biscuit cutter. Do not twist cutter when cutting; this will crimps the edges of the biscuit causing it not to rise. If you have scraps just reform a rectangle and cut additional biscuits.Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.If you like a extra buttery top:Melt 2 table spoons butter and brush the top of the biscuits 2 minutes before they come out the oven.