Chunky Potato Soup
This easy Chunky Potato Soup recipe is perfect for cold weather or just a mid-week pick me up. Tons of vegetables and herbs make this anytime hit.
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 stalks Celery Diced
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 8 Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 4 Cup Vegetable Stock or enough to cover potatoes
- 3 whole Carrots Washed Clean And Diced
- 1 Can Chick peas washed and drained
- 1 Can Coconut milk 14 oz can
- 1 Teaspoon Dried tarragon
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Jalapena minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Stalks Scallions Thinly sliced
- In a skillet, add the oil on medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for 2 minutes or so, then add the spices. Be careful not to burn the spices.
Combine all the other ingredients except the coconut milk in a large crockpot or slow cooker. Stir in the cooked mixture and cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potato should be tender).30 minutes before the end of the cook time mash 1/4 of the mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened. Stir in the coconut milk, scallion, and chopped cilantro.For a non-vegan option: Top with sour cream, sprinkle with turkey bacon and cheese.