This super easy bacon cheese waffle recipe been my go to breakfast for the last 4 weeks. These waffles are fluffy, cheesy and packed with bacon pieces.
I love waffles!
Full. Stop. Period!
I love them savory or a little sweet.
Really I will take them anyway- anyhow!
We have a sunday morning tradition to experiment with different combinations. Each week we come together for a waffle meeting and we decided what combo we are going to make that weekend. Why yes, we do have a waffle meeting. Waffles are a serious issue in our family.
Whenever we go out for breakfast I always order waffles with a side of turkey bacon. So I knew that as soon as my turn came around to choose, that I would make a cheese-y, bacon-y, and fluffy waffle. And because it’s made with turkey bacon, there is even less guilt. Guilt-free waffles…. I’ll take that!
Do you guys see those crispy cheesey edges? I know you do… those are the best part of my weekends. Sad but true. I really really love crispy cheesey bits of anything. Don’t you too? Who doesn’t??
Make ’em now!
Make ’em for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner… make ’em for life.
Okay, I’ll stop— but make ’em!
Easy Bacon Cheese Waffle
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar
- 4 slice uncured turkey bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 stalks scallion
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Turn on the waffle iron to get it hot.
- In a large batter bowl, measure out the flour, baking powder, sugar, black pepper and salt, stirring well to combine ingredients.
- In another bowl, separate egg whites from yolk. Set yoke aside and beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- To the egg yolks, add the buttermilk. Beat until well-combined.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add in the cheese, bacon, and scallions. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add the egg whites to the batter slowly. Be careful not to deflate the egg whites.
- Using a spoon, push 1/4 of the batter onto your waffle iron plates and bake until the waffle iron degree of doneness is achieved.
- Note: Waffle irons vary. Follow the instructions carefully to achieve the best results.