oxtail and Gnocchi Stew
This oxtail gnocchi stew is the perfect beef stew. It is rich and indulgent and also very flavorful. Make it today!
- 4 Pounds Oxtail
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 can Tomato Smash them
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1-2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Bunch Fresh thyme
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or water
- 2 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 2-3 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes or 1 habanero
- 3 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- To Prep: Add the oxtail to a ziplock bag along with the garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and Worcestershire sauce. Place in the fridge overnight. When ready to cook remove the oxtails from the bag and lightly pat dry. In a large dutch pot, add oil. Heat the oil and brown the oxtail on all side. Remove the oxtails and drain off excess oil. With about 1 tablespoon of oil add the rest of the marinade and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
Add enough broth or water to just cover the oxtails and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower to a simmer, cover and cook 2 hours. Every 30 minutes for 2 hours add 2 cups of water or broth to keep oxtails covered with liquid.Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered 2 hours, skimming fat off top and stirring occasionally. In the last 1/2 hour of cook time, season with 2 teaspoon salt. In the last 10minutes of cooking add the gnocchi. Stir well and allow the gnocchi to plump up. Serve warm. Enjoy!