Super Green Pea Puree
This super green pea puree is the perfect side recipe that is jam packed with wholesome goodness.
- 1 Shallot Chopped
- 2 1/2 Cups Frozen or Fresh Peas
- 1 Clove Garlic Chopped
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Plain Greek Yogurt
- Cook peas in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. In the same pot add olive oil and shallots and garlic. Cook until shallots have soften. Place peas in processor or blender. Add yogurt, cheese, mint leaves and butter. Add pea cooking liquid slowly if too stiff, to form a light and creamy puree. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to microwave-safe serving bowl- can be reheated or let stand at room temp for about an hour. Add some olive oil on top and serve wth extra Parmesan cheese if desired.