Homemade Whipped Herb butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil chopped
- Place the oil into the food processor and add the garlic. Process until the garlic are finely chopped. Add the thyme and basil. Blend until the herbs have colored the oil.
- Using the whisk attachment on your hand-mixer, whip the butter in the mixer work bowl at medium speed until it softens and lightens in color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the herb oil to the butter and beat for another 1 minute until herb mixture is combined.
- Remove butter and place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.