I couldn’t hold out!
It’s pumpkin season ( well not officially but you see my point)!!
My love for Annie’s products knows no bounds. And I keep it real for a minute- This back to school season has been a hard transition. So when I thought about a quick last minute meal, all I could think about is Mac and Cheese. When I was a kid, I think that I might have been responsible for the consumption of half box mac and cheese in the 90’s. In the words of the ever wise Beyonce- I ain’t sorry.
Kind of a side note- We were bracing for a hurricane this week. Hurricane Hermine missed us however it did hit Florida. So we were up all night checking in with our family and friends in Northern Florida. Other than a little electricity outage my family is safe. We stocked up on tons of pantry essentials. I am so happy that Annie’s offers healthy pasta options and snacks. I was able to prep for the hurricane without compromising on quality.
Can we just talk about this creamy goodness that is happening right now. This has everything: creamy. thyme-y and flavorful. This is the perfect way for me to get ready for everything pumpkin.
I saw a meme that fall starts at eh end of september so put away the pumpkin until then. That meme is so off. I have been hoarding every gourd that I can find in the grocery store. Literally the first thing on my list was pumpkin mac and cheese. My mom makes this amazing pumpkin pasta sauce, and I have been holding out on making it. But I am all about super easy meals since the kids have started school. Between tennis, music, homework and swimming- I have no time but I still want to make healthy meals for them. I absolutely enjoy the fact that Annie’s pasta is certified organic so it is a win, win, win situation.
I also made a super fast video to go with the recipe. You can watch it here or head over to our youtube channel.
Have a great long weekend and Happy labor day!!!!
Super Easy Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
- 1 box Annie’s Homegrown
- 1 Tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove smashed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup Pumpkin Chopped (approx 10 oz)
- 1 1/2 cup Stock I used Vegetable
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grated Cheese for topping
- Extra thyme for topping
- Boil the pasta according to the directions on the box and drain.
- Return the saucepan to the stove. Add stock, pumpkin, garlic, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil until pumpkin is tender. Remove garlic clove and thyme. Add milk, butter and cheese packet.
- Blend with an immersion blender. Be careful of splattering.
- Turn the heat to low. Allow the sauce to cook for about 5 minutes. Whisk or stir to check the thickness of sauce. If you want you can add more milk to thin the sauce.
- Combine the pasta and sauce together. Stir well to evenly coat with sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and additional thyme if desired. Enjoy!