Mango Coconut Habanero Sauce
This Mango coconut habanero sauce is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet and tangy. No salad is safe, no chicken is done, no fish dish is perfect until you add this to the mix.
- 4 Mangoes Peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 Habanero Peppers seeded
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 3 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut unsweetened
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- Pinch Salt and fresh black pepper
- Peel the mangoes. Remove the seeds from 2 of the habanero peppers(If you want a milder sauce remove the seeds from all). Add the mango flesh, peppers, shredded coconut, and garlic to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.Transfer to a medium saucepan. Stir in the coconut oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and salt. Cook on medium-high until it boils. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. It will thickens and becomes glossy.Allow the sauce to cool. Place in an airtight container (I used a jam jar) and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. This will keep for a couple of weeks( But it won’t last that long).Note: You want to make sure that the mangoes are ripe and sweet. If not add a pinch of sugar.